2D Visual Art and AnimationPosted on 27 Jun, 2018
Duration36 Classes - 3 Months
CategoriesVisual Art, Animation, Professionals
Visual Art has a wide application in all industries including Video Games, Animations, Cinema, Print Media, Marketing, Education etc. This course is designed to provide in depth knowledge of 2D Visual Art and Animation to help students Student to pursue their career as a digital artist in any field. This will cover basic drawing skills and design layout, typically using the human form, still life and landscape as subjects. The major goal is for students to develop the drawing techniques that are needed for digital art and animation work. It will help you learn to develop realistic characters, good narrative and plot.
Coursework includes the creation of a story, drawing its initial sketch, creating storyboard panels and producing final sequential panels. Techniques of composition and shot selection, staging, camera angle and camera movement are introduced. Students will be introduced to industry specific computer software as well as use of a digital drawing tablet and other current technology.
Pre- Requisites & Target Audience :
- People who wants to become 2D Artist & Animators.
- People who wants to make art for their own games and animations.
- People who wants to move from traditional drawing and painting to Digital art.
- This course require a drawing tablet (preferably Wacom), and a Laptop which can run Photoshop/Illustrator CS6.
- Open for everyone with any education level with basic knowledge of traditional drawing & sketching
- People with no prior knowledge of drawing & Sketching can take prerequisite course of Digital Drawing and Painting
What Will You learn?
- Basic drawing skills and design layout, typically using the human form, still life and landscape as subjects.
- Develop the drawing techniques that are needed for believable animation.
- Shading and manipulating form, as well as relaying proportion, weight and structure, are presented as methods to depict a 2D composition.
- The basic principles of digital animation are reviewed, including character development and story conception through production.
- Technical language used in the animation industry and basic animation methods, including staging, timing, anticipation, squash and stretch, exaggeration and arcs.
- Common production techniques used in 2D may be covered.
- Creation of a story, drawing its initial sketch, creating storyboard panels and producing final sequential panels.
- Techniques of composition and shot selection, staging, camera angle and camera movement are introduced.
- Industry specific computer software as well as use of a digital drawing tablet and other current technology.
- 36 Lectures
- 84- 90 Hours
Color Theory, Visual Communication introduction
2D Design & Composition , Sequential Media Multiple Classes & Collaboration
Pre-Production, Drawing Lessions
2D Design – Perspective, Media Production Photoshop/Illustrator Multiple Classes & Collaboration
Psychology + Art ,
Storyboard and Writing Multiple Classes & Collaboration
Drawing Lessons , Classical Animation
Story Boarding and Digital Animation Multiple Classes & Collaboration
Drawing Lessons , writing
Story Boarding and Publishing Comics Multiple Classes & Collaboration
Character Development, Story conception
Composition & Production Techniques for Animations Multiple Classes & Collaboration
Directing , Cinematography
Sound Design and Theme designing Multiple Classes & Collaboration
Selection of Themes & Art Style, Stylized Art and characters
character Sprite Sheets , User Interface design Multiple Classes & Collaboration
Students will work together to design their own Project ;
Students must have to complete one collaboration project with other students among their batch. They are required to build complete project from an idea to design and complete project in collaboration with other team members of different disciplines. During the course they will also learn Team management, communication skills, finance and Project Management. Every student contributes their expertise into the project and learn new skills which helps students to work on their independent projects and manage work professionallyProject Development
Dates: 20th September, 2018 – 20th December, 2018
|Tuesday||6:30 PM to 8:30 PM||Study Class|
|Thursday||6:30 PM to 8:30 PM||Study Class|
|Friday||6:00 PM to 9:00 PM||Collaboration|
Fee Details :
- Course Fee = 35,000 PKR
Need Based Financial Assistance is available for deserving applicants.
*Fee can be paid in installments. Terms and Conditions Applied.
*Course Fee is non-refundable.
For more information, Contact Us